The main service is recommended every 12 months (approx 2000miles) or before if the bike is being used frequently/ extreme conditions (i.e. winter riding).
This service is priced at £75.
A junior bike up to a 20″ wheel and single speeds are priced at £50
This service option includes:
- Bike set up to fit rider
- Visual inspection of complete cycle (M check) and advice on any further work required
- Check for chain and drivetrain wear
- Degrease & lubrication of drivetain (Chain, gears and associated components)
- Clean & lubrication of brake & gear cables
- Brakes inspected, checked for wear and adjusted (Hydraulic disc brakes – bleed system every 2 years*)
- Gears inspected and adjusted, gear hanger re aligned if needed
- Inspection of tyres and inflate to recommended PSI
- Wheels- rims checked for wear, hubs inspected for wear and adjusted to remove play
- Wheels trued on bike
- Headset – inspect for wear and play. Adjusted to remove play
- Bottom bracket – inspect for wear and play
- Suspension & Forks – inspection**
- Seatpost removed, cleaned and refitted
- Check torque of all bike components
Extras that may be wanted/ required that are not included in the service
- Replace all gear and/or brake cables
- Internal cable routing (only the awkward ones are an additional charge)
- Tape bars
- Replace wheel cartridge and freehub bearings
- Pedal service
- Frame bearings, mountings and bushings replacement
- Setup/Replace tubeless sealant
- Firmware updates (Bosch ebike systems, Shimano STeps ebike systems, Di2)
Before we proceed with any work that will incur any extra costs we always seek permission from you first.
*Brake bleed- if this is required their is an additional charge
Fitting of parts you, the customer provides incurs a 25% surcharge on top of our normal labour charge for this. In addition we are not responsible for the warranty or compatibility of the parts supplied to us to fit. If we attempt to fit parts that turn out to be incorrect the labour charge and surcharge will still be payable.